Welcome to the RCN
Royal College of Nursing - at a glance
Welcome to the world’s largest nursing union and professional body. We’re delighted you have chosen to join us.
We’re committed to ensuring you receive the very best member experience – it’s our highest priority. Our promise to you is simple: you will receive a high standard of customer service every time you contact the RCN. This page will lay out what you can expect from us, and as you delve deeper into RCN Starting Out you'll find out all the many benefits of an RCN membership. We're more than just a trade union, we're the voice of nursing.
Support for nursing students
Different types of membership
Student membership is available to those undertaking a recognised course of study that will upon qualification enable them for the first time to register with the NMC, including pre-registration student midwives. For just 84p per month, we’ll see you through your student journey with access Europe’s largest nursing library and e-library, support during your placements and advice from our team of experts
The RCN Foundation is an independent charity that exists to help as many nurses, midwives and health care assistands who need support
Consider making a small, regular donation of £1 a month which will enable us to support those who need our help the most.
To find out more visist www.rcnfoundation.org.uk
Registered charity number: SC043663 (Scotland) 1134606 (England and Wales) Registered Compant: 7026001.
Our promise to you
- We will be welcoming and supportive when you contact us.
- We will take pride in our professional appearance and behaviour
- We will respond promptly to all enquiries, guaranteeing a response within 24 hours on weekdays.
- We will keep you fully informed of any updates, changes or delays that aﬀect you.
- We will work in partnership with you.
- We will take feedback seriously and use it to improve our services.
- We will make you proud to be members and customers of the RCN.
(and there's more)
We all like to know that help is available when we need it. But the RCN isn't only there when something goes wrong. Did you know that
- We have the largest nursing resource Europe, with libraries in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London as well as an extensive online collection
- We organise an annual programme of around 60 events and conferences
- We can help you save money with our RCNXtra scheme
We look forward to supporting you on your membership journey.
There are lots of ways to get involved at the RCN.