How we support students
We're here for you
We’re committed to ensuring you receive the very best member experience – it’s our highest priority. Our promise to you is simple: you will receive a high standard of personal and professional support.
Here's how we will support you on your membership journey:
- We will be welcoming and supportive when you contact us.
- We will take pride in our professional appearance and behaviour.
- We will respond promptly to all enquiries, guaranteeing a response within 24 hours on weekdays.
- We will ensure our responses are clear, honest and fair.
- We will keep you fully informed of any updates, changes or delays that aﬀect you.
- We will work in partnership with you.
- We will take feedback seriously and use it to improve our services.
- We will make you proud to be members and customers of the RCN.
We all like to know that help is available when we need it. But the RCN isn’t only there when something goes wrong.
Did you know that...
- We have the largest nursing resource in Europe, with libraries in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London as well as an extensive online collection
- We organise an annual programme of around 60 events and conferences
- Our careers resources can help you to improve your employability and be job ready.
- We can help you save money with our RCNXtra scheme
Become a nurse
The RCN is a trade union and professional body, so we aren’t directly involved in the training of new nurses. If you haven't yet started training to become a nurse, you’ll find all the information you need on nursing as a career, and a course finder, on the NHS Careers website.Find out more about starting your training to become a nurse
Are you ready to join the world’s largest nursing union and professional body? We represent your interests and campaign on issues that matter to you. Be part of our community of close to half a million nurses, midwives, health care assistants (HCAs), assistant practitioners (APs), nursing associates (NAs), trainee nursing associates (TNAs) and nursing students.Join today
“The RCN has been great for my student journey. I’ve access to the RCN library and I’m kept informed of current issues and developments within nursing, helping me to feel prepared and involved in important matters”